$40. Birth Companions can bring Pregnant Woman for FREE! Or come alone.
This is a great, fun, busy class with lots of information that you’ll be happy to practice at home before birth!
Become a MotherTouch Companion for women in labor! Learn easy techniques to help speed labor, soothe contraction pain, reduce anxiety, move baby. Acupressure, belly rubs, reflexology techniques that anyone can learn and birthing women will love!
In class you’ll learn about:
- Tools for supporting women in labor
- Why nurturing touch helps women in birthing process.
- What’s in a massage birth bag
- Techniques for relaxation, pain reduction, and speeding labor
- Techniques for moving baby
- Acupressure and massage in a variety of positions through all stages of labor
- Techniques for back pain, posterior baby, slow labor, contraction pain, anxiety, cervical dilation
- Use of a rebozo, chairs, ball, and positions in hands and knees, standing, semi-reclining, sidelying, and others
- Care of You…the Touch Companion!
What to bring: Each companion should bring the following for their pregnant companion:
- 3 big pillows
- Some unscented oil and/or lotion in small bottle. (olive oil, coconut oil, jojoba, almond, all work)
- Blanket or cloth to put on floor
- If you have a folding chair without arms, and/or a physio-birth ball that you can bring, please do!
- A long scarf, cloth, or small sheet
- Pen or pencil for notes if you wish.
- Snacks and water.
- Wear comfortable stretchy clothes. We will be on the floor, and moving around in various positions!
Leslie Stager RN, LMT has been a maternity nurse, childbirth educator, and doula at home and hospital births. She is an internationally recognized Pregnancy Massage Educator who has been teaching perinatal massage since 1992. Leslie is author of the textbook: Nurturing Massage for Pregnancy, instructor on the DVD Mastering Pregnancy Massage, and Producer of the MotherTouch DVD’s — which will be available at classes for viewing and purchase.