This course details Precautions and Contraindications related to prenatal massage. Myths are dispelled and straight-talk offered about acupressure points, positioning options, deep vs. light pressure, massage during first trimester, and more. Even if you don't specialize in prenatal massage, you may still be the first to help recognize symptoms of a serious pregnancy pathology that can develop quickly--every practitioner should know the 4 primary symptoms and the right questions to ask about it. A sample intake form and medical release form are reviewed and you'll learn when to use them.
- Type I and Type II Bodywork Styles
- Health Intake & Medical Release
- Bodywork Precautions during Pregnancy--Fact vs Fiction: Acupressure points, Reflexology, Deep pressure, Abdominal massage, and more.
- Pregnancy Risk Conditions and High Risk Symptoms: blood clots/DVT, high blood pressure, preterm labor, miscarriage, gestational diabetes, and less common situations such as polyhydramnios or placental abruption.
- When abdominal massage is appropriate or problematic
- Symptoms of preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome
- High Risk Clients on Bedrest
Content: Reading Text, PowerPoint, Client Video Interview on Preeclampsia experience