- This event has passed.
Fundamentals of Prenatal Massage
September 13, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm PDT$159
REGISTER at the bottom of the page under "Tickets"!
Your new Client is pregnant:
- What if she can't lay comfortably on her side, nor safely on her back?
- Do you know if your bodywork modality is contraindicated during pregnancy?
- What if she has uterine contractions during a session?
Most practitioners see an occasional pregnant client, but few know the PRIMARY Concern, the Benefits, or the protocols that ensure optimum care for their client!
Practice safely and effectively with greater confidence! Dispel the myths!
Pregnancy Massage Fundamentals presents essential guidelines that improve your body mechanics, increase your confidence and offer your clients greater comfort.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- Pregnancy physiology that affects your bodywork practice.
- Prenatal massage Precautions and Contraindications
- Signs and symptoms of some Pregnancy Pathologies
- Positioning options for side, semi-recline, and prone with Draping options
- Clarification of primary myths vs realities about pregnancy massage
- Massage benefits for women and baby in-utero
- Ways to optimize circulation, decrease edema, and support uterine ligaments in sidelying position.
This class may be taken alone or as the First day of the 4-day 32-hour Prenatal Bodywork Training & Certification. This class is also available here as an ONLINE course.
ADVANCED CERTIFICATION: Combine this course with Prenatal Bodywork Training, and Massage & Acupressure for Birth, along with a written exam, a project, and case studies, to receive the 65-hour MotherTouch Maternity Massage Certification.